Ready for Parenthood

This morning I was reading an entry in my journal from November 2016. This time last year, we had no idea why we weren’t able to get pregnant. We had seen a fertility doctor and they said that it was too soon for us to start worrying. I wrote in my journal, “Heavenly Father must have a plan for us, even if that includes adoption rather than pregnancy. We will have a family.” Fast forward one year, it is everything we want to adopt a baby into our lives.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the future of our family lately. When will someone contact us about a child & who will that person be? How many “potential” situations will we have before it’s the real thing? I’m excited, I’m nervous, and I’m every feeling in between. Making the decision to adopt is almost like saying, I’m ready to be a parent. For anyone who currently is a parent, you probably know that’s a bold statement. But one thing I want to remember about this stage before parenthood is that I’ve always known that Jk will be a great dad.
Every baby, toddler, and preteen loves my husband. Heck, all of our adult friends love him. On every occasion that I’ve seen my husband interact with children, my heart is near implosion from cuteness. He just has this really great way of connecting with kids and being a leader. I am a nanny for two of the sweetest boys and the first time they met Jk, you could tell he was their new best friend. Randomly, the younger little boy will tell me, “I know who your husband is, Ariel. It’s Jk.” It makes me so happy. I can’t wait for the day when Jk is a father and makes our little one feel like the coolest person alive.

Jk and I are so grateful for all of the support we’ve received from friends and family to help us in the journey to become parents. Even though our timeline for adoption depends on finding a birth family, it is a matter of when and not if it happens. Just like I knew one year ago, I know today that Heavenly Father has a plan for our family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ovulation Test

The Second Pregnancy Test

Coming out of the Infertility Closet